Mobile Royale Today: 0    Total Posts: 113

Total:#8

Create Thread

[Chat(iOS)] What happened to Arena Battles???

[Copy link] 7/777

Posted on 2019-04-20 11:12:50 | Show thread starter's posts only

Is it me or did Arena battles get a considerable nerf to it in this last season?  I was Leading Fighters Division 4 last season now I can barely stay in Division 1 and i'm stronger then last season.

The match ups that are given to me are mostly 1 to 2, to 3 million times stronger then my current level and I'm still only in Division 1.

Also if I challenge someone 2 to 3 hundred thousand less might then me, when i engage in battle there soulstone might be equal to mine by they are 1 to 2 levels higher in experience.  But it shows there might as lower then mine?  

Finally the time limit makes you loose more matches then your lack of might does.  You could be winning then your fighters runaway.  This makes it hard to fight anyone that you just don't overwhelm because you only have the minute.

Even with the last two complaints i was able to make due, but now the matches up are way stronger then me and the reset challengers button takes a whole day to reset.  So why the changes and can they do something bout that time limit like extend it?  This whole endeavor is getting impossible and it was a good way to get buffs in a game where you have to spend a lot of money to succeed.

Love the game but annoyed right now Thanks.

Signature
IGN: Raiyn
Guild: [DRLG] Dragon Legion
K20 - With Honor Always
Posted on 2019-04-20 11:36:26 | Show thread starter's posts only

I haven't seen any difference in arena difficulty after last patch. You are probably just unlucky when you reset challengers. 

Remember that hero combination, level, grade, runes and hero positioning plays big role in arena.

Signature
Retired forum moderator.
Posted on 2019-04-20 13:56:08 | Show thread starter's posts only

Yes this is true, but i have played it 4 times already and this 5th is the hardest.  It shouldn't be "unlucky" or "lucky" the match up as you said should be based that hero combination, level, grade, runes and hero positioning.  Clearly if I reached level 4 i had figured all this out.

It is different now.  Please understand what I am saying.

Also why am I getting match ups with people 2 to 3 mil stronger then me? Doens't matter what match up I have its not going to beat them. So i have to sit and wait 24 hours for the resets to work and hopefully it will give me a winable match?  I'm still 3 levels lower then i was last time and my might is higher. It makes no sense. Whats the formula for them to caculate and opponent is there even a formula?

Signature
K20 - With Honor Always
Posted on 2019-04-20 14:45:54 | Show thread starter's posts only

I do understand what you are saying.

Its meant to be harder to reach higher divisions. Its the nature of this game, that you are meant to achieve greater rewards, levels etc. over time. Unless you have some extra money to spend.

There is always small matter of luck in arena. Heroes like hawkthrone can pay huge role in battle, if their skill (6s aoe stun) procs. However if you are unlucky and that doesnt proc, you may lose the battle. 

I am 100% sure that IGG has not made any "nerfs" to arena. Unless you count it as a nerf, that you cant manually set defending team anymore.

There is simple answer for your question. The reason why you get 1-3 million stronger players than you is, that you are now competing for higher divisions. The reason why arena may have been easier for you in the past is, because it was still a new thing and players didnt have good runes figured out yet. Obviously its harder to climb divisions over time as players are starting to figure out better runes for each hero and get their heroes to higher level/grade. 

You also mentioned, that you could be winning the fight, but then you reach time limit.  If you lose battles because you reach time limit, it means that your current heroes doesnt have enough damage or maybe your heroes are just bad against your opponents hero combination.

When it comes to "opponent calculation formula" its hard to say anything about it, as we dont know.

EDIT: Remember, that even small might disadvantage doesnt mean, that you cant win the battle. Its still possible to beat 1+ mil higher players in the arena. 

Signature
Retired forum moderator.
Posted on 2019-04-22 09:56:36 | Show thread starter's posts only

Thank you for your follow up. I hear what you are saying.  But as I get bounced down to Polished Diamond again Division 5 in the moment i'm writing this...the match ups are SUPER easy.  When i beat this and go back to Divison 1 and i get bumped up, the fight match ups get 300 percent harder.  That has nothing to do with more people playing something is differently wrong.  The match distribution power was WAY more balanced last season.  Its almost like they are trying to prevent players from moving up to fast, there is no other reason i can see for this 1 level substantial and ridiculous power difference.  With all the money players spend its frankly annoying.  I asked my guild this and they too realized that something off in arena this season.  I really want a developer to answer this and answer how they pick the match ups and determine what the power rankings are for each level.

Signature
K20 - With Honor Always
Posted on 2019-04-22 11:47:51 | Show thread starter's posts only

You have always option to contact IGG directly and ask, but Im afraid they are not going to share you too much information regarding the technical side of arena feature.

Signature
Retired forum moderator.
Posted on 2019-05-05 16:06:26 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hello, in the arena if it says victory and flashes rank and arrows up ,you go to next level,but I do to check my ranking and it has leveled down ,I would not have kept going for 23 to 30 tries if it said I was kissing please fix ,very annoyed

Signature
Worth it
Posted on 2019-05-14 17:42:34 | Show thread starter's posts only

Osmou it has gotten worse.  How am I 5 times as strong as before but doing 4 times worse.  I know about runes and match ups, i used that to win.  One minute i'm set to fight someone with 1 mil might the next almost 5 mil might.  Its in consistent and random and does not match up for the appropriate power levels.  Basically its starting to suck and they need to fix it. What kind of message is that sending if players upgrade and do worse?

Signature
K20 - With Honor Always