Mobile Royale Today: 0    Total Posts: 95

Total:#8

Create Thread

[Elite Trainer] Think Tank - How to effectively hunt monsters

[Copy link] 7/7113

Posted on 2019-02-03 07:45:41 | Show thread starter's posts only

This guide
This guide was originally created by me for the NLG1 guild on LINE chat. It has been ported to the Mobile Royale forums for the 'Think Tank' event and improved with pictures. I do not proclaim that my strategy is the best; it has proven useful for me and my guildmates and hence could aid beginners.

Monster hunts - what are they and why would I do them?
Monsters spawn randomly across the world and will stay there for a little while. Upon landing the final hit, your entire guild receives a chest. Hitting them also gives you some valuable loot, ranging from resource refills to runes and crystals. I therefore recommend hunting many monsters with your guildmates to prevent your stamina from filling up.

Gearing up
You can head to the smithy and craft armor that boosts your damage against either fiends or icy crawlers. I personally don't use this, but it can definitely help you land a stronger hit against the monsters you encounter.

Hunting villages
Hunting villages can boost your monster hunt damage. You can find them around the world. If you capture one, you get a boost. Capturing two simultanously will, however, give you a bigger boost that you can even improve for an amount of time. 

Boosts
There's a monster hunt boost that you can apply. It can be bought from the shop. I highly recommend switching this on if you're planning to hunt a lot of monsters in a short period of time. 

Damage and defense types
There's two types of damage and defense: physical and magic.
Physical damage is effective against magical defense
Physical defense helps against physical damage
Magical damage is effective against physical defense
Magical defense helps against magic damage. 

It's important to know what damage and defense types your enemies have - this can aid you greatly in defeating a monster using as few stamina as possible.

Monsters
There are currently two monsters in the game - the 'Icy Crawler' and 'Ifrit'. Each monster requires a different strategy. Whereas the Icy Crawler is an insect that deals magic damage, the Ifrit is a Fiend that deals physical damage. A more in-depth explanation on both monsters can be found below.

Hunting Icy Crawlers

The icy crawler is a magical creature with high magical def. It deals damage to anything in front of him that gets in his range. I therefore recommend using ranged heroes and deploying some melee powerhouses to prevent the crawler from reaching your rangers. 

Upon attacking this creature, I use two ranged squads and an infantry squad. You're also going to need to pick some reinforcements. I'm personally using kingsdor reinforcements, but flamehammer and sunsinger are useable too. 

ReinforcementStatsQualityReason
Kinsdor CavalryPhysical ATK, Magical DEFGreatA lot of damage without taking much damage 
Flamehammer FightersPhysical ATK and DEFDecentDeals and takes alot of damage
Sunsinger soldiersMagical ATK and DEFDecentWont deal or take a lot of damage
Steambeard Gunnersphysical ATK and DEFDecentDeals and takes a lot of damage

Since the Icy Crawler deals magical damage and has magical defense, it's wise to use heroes that deal physical damage and have some magical defense. I personally like Jezebel alot to hunt Icy Crawlers and usually use Saoirse, Branor and Omar alongside her. 

HeroStatsQualityReason
BadaboomMagical ATK, Physical DEFTerribleThe Icy Crawler has stats effective against badaboom
BranorPhysical DEF & ATKDecentDoes damage, but also takes alot of damage
GargantorPhysical DEF & ATKDecentDoes damage, but also takes alot of damage
HawthornePhysical DEF & ATKDecentDoes damage, but also takes alot of damage
JezebelPhysical ATK, Magical DEFGreatDeals much damage and blocks alot of damage
LoreleiMagical ATK & DEFDecentWont deal much damage, but wont take much either
OmarPhysical DEF & ATKDecentDoes damage, but also takes alot of damage
ReginaldPhysical DEF & ATKDecentDoes damage, but also takes alot of damage
SaoirseMagical DEF & ATKDecentWont deal much damage, but wont take much either
ValeniaPhysical DEF & ATKDecentDoes damage, but also takes alot of damage

There's also a ruin that can aid you in hunting an Icy Crawler. For this, head to the Arcane Sanctum, press 'Ruins' and go to the 'Monster' tab. If you have enough Frozen Egg Shards, you could unlock the Frozen egg (if you haven't already). Just unlocking it already boosts your damage a little bit, but putting it on display is what you want to do for the best damage buff.

Hunting Ifrits

Ifrits are fiends that deal physical damage as well as having physical defense. In order to defeat them, it's best to set your brigade to full cavalry. For reinforcements, flamehammers or sunsingers are recommended. 

ReinforcementStatsQualityReason
Kinsdor CavalryPhysical ATK, Magical DEFTerribleKingsdor cavalry will take decent damage without dealing much
Flamehammer FightersPhysical ATK and DEFDecentFlamehammers will not deal or take a lot of damage
Sunsinger soldiersMagical ATK and DEFDecentSunsingers will deal and take a lot of damage
Steambeard Gunnersphysical ATK and DEFDecentWont deal nor take much damage

If applicable, ranged heroes (such as saoirse and badaboom) are preferred. You can fill up the remaining slots with cavalry heroes such as Omar and Reginald. 

HeroStatsQualityReason
BadaboomMagical ATK, Physical DEFGreatWill deal a lot of damage without taking much
BranorPhysical DEF & ATKDecentWont take nor deal much damage
GargantorPhysical DEF & ATKDecentWont take nor deal much damage
HawthornePhysical DEF & ATKDecentWont take nor deal much damage
JezebelPhysical ATK, Magical DEFTerribleWont deal much damage and takes alot of damage
LoreleiMagical ATK & DEFDecentWont deal nor take much damage
OmarPhysical DEF & ATKDecent+Wont take nor deal much damage, but is cavalry
ReginaldPhysical DEF & ATKDecent+Wont take nor deal much damage, but is cavalry
SaoirseMagical DEF & ATKDecent+Will take and deal alot of damage, but heals
ValeniaPhysical DEF & ATKDecentWont take nor deal much damage

There's also an useful ruin that you can unlock early game. To use this, head to the Arcane Sanctum, press 'Ruins' and go to the 'Monster' tab. If you have enough Horned Alter Shards, you could unlock the Horned altar(if you haven't already). Just unlocking it already boosts your damage a little bit, but putting it on display is what you want to do for the best damage buff.

Some final things...
If you need help with monster hunts, you can contact Ontvlambaar (NLG1 guild) in-game. I also have LINE chat; you can add 'Chazbennington' to contact me. 
I unfortunately haven't been able to get a hold of all heroes yet. Once I earn some new heroes, I will definitely expand on this guide.

My IGG ID is 661387676

Signature
Posted on 2019-02-03 07:58:09 | Show thread starter's posts only

I dont know why the above post looks so messed up. Probably because of the tables.. -,-

Signature
Posted on 2019-02-03 08:12:45 | Show thread starter's posts only

Nice post, exactly what I needed!

Signature
Everything is better when you're a panda!
Posted on 2019-02-03 08:39:01 | Show thread starter's posts only

Miss Lorelei hero and other reinforcement , please add

Signature
Posted on 2019-02-12 06:01:15 | Show thread starter's posts only

Guide updated with Steambeard gunner reinforcements and the hero Lorelei. Cheers.

Signature
Posted on 2019-03-05 05:46:47 | Show thread starter's posts only

꧁٩☬۶꧂

Signature
꧁۶Pro-Fu-Bu-MastereQ٩꧂
Posted on 2019-03-05 13:15:57 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hunt

Signature
Posted on 2019-03-07 03:21:10 | Show thread starter's posts only

Great guide! It will save lots of time for me when hunting monsters. Thank you :heart:

Signature